Friday 21 March 2014

Abraham Lincoln Quotes

15:27




Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.






When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.






A house divided against itself cannot stand.






As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.






I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.






Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.






Human action can be modified to some extent, but human nature cannot be changed.






America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.






No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar






Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.






The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession.






In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.






I don't think much of a man who is not wiser than he was yesterday.






Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.








Human action can be modified to some extent, but human nature cannot be changed.






It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him.






Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.






I don't think much of a man who is not wiser than he was yesterday.






Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.






I will prepare and some day my chance will come.






A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.







Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.






Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.






Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.






I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.






That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.






If you would win a man to your cause, first convince him that you are his sincere friend.






Women are the only people I am afraid of who I never thought would hurt me






It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.






The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.






Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.






No man is good enough to govern another man without the other's consent.






Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?






It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.






My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.






I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.






Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.






Whatever you are, be a good one.






Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth.






Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth.






You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.






The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read.






I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.






The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.






Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.






I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.






I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.





Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new at all.






Avoid popularity if you would have peace.





Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013 QuotesTank. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism | Blogger Templates

Back To Top